Why We Chose LearnCore
Guest Post – Jason Rozenblat, VP Inside Sales, GreenSky
As the VP of Inside Sales at GreenSky, I have the opportunity to be part of something really special. I have worked at other exciting, high-growth companies before (Yodle, LivingSocial and Cvent), but what we are building at Greensky is on a different level. The company is on fire and we’ve assembled an amazing team to continue pushing forward; it’s been fun, exhilarating and challenging.
As a sales leader, it’s my job to make sure our sales reps are able to keep up with the pace. In conjunction with the rapid growth of the team, we’re entering new verticals, rolling out sales training and innovating on the GreenSky solution. The ‘traditional method’ of reinforcement – emailing out a Powerpoint deck did not seem to be cutting it (did it ever?).
Another challenge I face is that we are always onboarding new hires and I want them to actually drink most of the water coming out of the fire hose. I need to know that my team is taking what they learn in training and translating that into a real conversation with a customer. (If we train on handling objections, how do my reps actually handle those objections on the phone with a customer?!)
So, in the second half of 2017, one of my goals was to find a solution to these challenges and I was hoping to leverage technology to build an efficient and scalable process. I started by defining what overwhelming success would look like at Greensky:
- Ensure the every rep is a 100% master of whatever we put in front of them
- Wanted my team to learn the way they are accustomed to: mobile, video, etc.
- Managers are accountable for coaching and providing feedback
With that criteria for success in mind, I did a lot of research and had many conversations with other sales leaders to understand the technology landscape and best practices. Ultimately, I evaluated 4 Sales Enablement tools – LearnCore, SalesHood, Lessonly and MindTickle before eventually selecting LearnCore in a landslide.
We choose LearnCore for 2 simple reasons, but very important reasons.
1. The Platform – LearnCore had the richest feature set that matched up to our team’s needs. Ease of use, Salesforce integration, LMS functionality, video role-play, leaderboards and mobile apps (for sellers AND managers) were all key for GreenSky. It was clear early on that LearnCore was the only solution that met all of our needs from a technology standpoint.
2. Sales Process & Partnership – “Game respects game”. The team at LearnCore were consummate professionals. They were collaborative, provided great references, and had a wealth of experience in this area, which laid out an easy process for success.
An added benefit, which I discovered after the contract was signed, is how fantastic their support is on the client side. Maria and Caroline have been absolutely incredible to work with thus far. Such a relief given my experiences with other vendors in the past.
There are a lot of products out there but I want to work with the company that will ensure my team’s success.
At the time of writing this, we are just a few weeks into the roll-out of LearnCore and I am already seeing an impact. There is a new energy around enablement and the team is completely bought in. Personally, I’m most excited because this is only the beginning; through technology and data, we are completely transforming the way we learn, reinforce, and coach at Greensky.
If you want to hear about more about my experience thus far with LearnCore or my thoughts on why I chose them, feel free to reach out.
Best of luck closing out 2017!
– Jason Rozenblat