Showpad Event Terms
version 19 September 2018
By registering for and/or attending the Event, You – as an Attendee – hereby accept these terms. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE HAVING CAREFULLY READ THESE TERMS AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS.
Event: any type of formal or informal gathering organised by or on behalf of Showpad at a designated location for the purpose of educating, exchanging of information, presenting, leisure and/or networking. The types of Showpad events may relate to the following (without limitation): Lunch and Learns, Sales Enablement Summits, office networking events, etc.
Attendee(s): registered or participating individuals (including speakers) to the Event.
3. Attendee restrictions:
Attendees must not take part in any canvassing, leafleting, demonstrations, objectionable behaviour or any activity, which may disrupt the Event.
4. Showpad’s rights:
Showpad reserves the right to:
- Stop any activity on the part of any Attendee that may interfere with, or cause annoyance to any Event;
- Refuse entry to the Event to an Attendee without justification;
- Exclude or remove anyone from the Event who:
- Does not comply with these terms and conditions;
- Showpad reasonably consider is likely to break these rules;
- Is not showing or abiding by a general good conduct; and/or
- Is not showing or abiding by such professional behaviour as can be expected from the sort of Event.
5. Audio/visual material taken at the Event:
By participating in or to the Event, You grant Showpad the right to use You name, title, photograph and biography for such purposes.
All audio/visual material shall become the property of the Showpad and may be displayed, distributed or used by Showpad for any purpose. Furthermore You acknowledge Showpad’s right to crop, splice, treat and edit any audio/visual material taken of You at Showpad’s sole discretion and waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, now and in the future, whether that use is known or unknown to You. Showpad represents that it shall act in good faith and not use or edit the audio/visual material in a way which would negatively portray You, or contrary to Your opinion as made known during or in relation to the Event.
Additional to the above, in case You are acting as a speaker are being interviewed at the Event or, You agree and accept:
- Not to invoke Your rights in respect of applicable copyright (such as moral rights, personality rights or portrait rights) or rights of privacy;
- That any goodwill generated from Your participation as Speaker or Interviewee will injure to the benefit of Showpad;
- That the Speaker nor the Interviewee (nor the organisation they represent):
- shall receive any compensation or benefit (in cash or kind) for any of the above;
- dispose over a right of access to, or (except upon prior explicit and reasonable request) approval of the audio/visual material, and Speaker nor the Interviewee shall ever unreasonably object to the use of (excerpts from) the (edited) audio/visual material by or on behalf of Showpad in as far as in compliance to this document.
6. Intellectual Property:
When You submit artwork at or for the Event, present content at the Event, or upload or link any material (including but not limited to images, text, documents and/or video files) to the website related to or during the Event, You are solely responsible for the content of such material and for gaining required permissions under copyright, trademark, trade secret or other applicable law for the use of such material. By submitting any such material, You represent and warrant that:
- You have obtained the necessary permissions referenced above; and
- any such material is not likely to defame any party and does not invade the privacy of any person
You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Showpad, its affiliates and their respective directors, employees and agents (including, without limitation, its publishing partner or any agent acting on its behalf) from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) resulting from Your breach of the obligations set forth in this paragraph.
7. No-show Policy & Cancellation:
Showpad events are exclusive, limited-seats events, we therefore expect that Attendees who are not planning to attend, inform us and free up the seat for someone who would like to attend instead. No-shows generates waste that could otherwise be avoided. At Showpad we strive to sustainability and smart use of resources.
A registered Attendee is obliged to confirm his/her participation upon Showpad request 2 weeks before the Event. In case no confirmation is received, Your registration will be cancelled.
8. Privacy statement:
9. Liability waiver & release:
You agree and acknowledge that You are participating in or to the Event at Your own free will and intentional act.
You understand and accept that You assume responsibility for Your own wellbeing and safety, and that Your participation in or to the Event may involve an element of risk and/or danger of accidents, which element of danger or risk You hereby assume. You hereby waive, release and discharge any and all claims for damage for personal injury, death or property damage which You may have, or which may hereafter accrue to You, as a result of Your participation in or to the Event. This release is intended to discharge in advance Showpad, its directors, employees and agents from any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with Your participation in or to the Event, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of those parties. You further agree that this waiver, release and assumption of risk is to be binding on Your heirs and assigns.
You agree to indemnify and to hold harmless, Showpad, its officers, employees and agents from any loss, liability, damage, cost or expense which they may incur as the result of Your death, injury or property damage that You may sustain while participating in or to the Event. This liability waiver shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
10. Governing Law, Venue, and Disputes:
Irrespective of the place the Event is organised, these terms are governed by and construed under the laws of Belgium (for Events organised by Showpad NV) or the laws the state of Illinois (foor Events organised by Showpad, Inc.) without regard to any conflict of law rules or principles, and excluding the application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. The Parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of competent jurisdiction in Ghent, Belgium (for Events organised by Showpad NV) or Cook County, IL (for Events organised by Showpad, Inc.).
Parties will first try to settle any dispute between them amicably in good-faith negotiations prior to seeking enforcement from a court.